Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 2-5 Bank Mural

Day 2- 4-14-09
It started off very chilly. I believe the temp was around 45 degrees. I penciled in the building lines and measured out for the vanishing point. I used my eye height 5-3 and centered it. This is the point where the walls will fade back to give the illusion of being recessed. When the temp was around 54 degrees I started to brush the colors of Stonington and gravel. I was planning to use my sprayer for this but the wind gust would not allow.
The paints being used are from Mc Cluskey's lumber. I selected Pittsburg Paint Sun Proof Exterior House paint. It is 100 % Acrylic Latex. I love the full body creaminess of the paint. most colors have great coverage in one coat.
The first blocking of color was Stonington.
Day 2

Twinkle Blue was used for the inset of sky. It is a light color and matched the sky to a t at different times of the day. I wanted a light color to just give the hint of the building being shorter.
Day 3




I changed the moulding form the original drawing. The building owner had expressed how she would like for the Stone at the front to be part of the design. I choose to continue the moulding across. I used Oyster shell shadowed with flint with splashes of shark skin and garlic clove. The original sketch had a large 2 foot moulding. I think the change blends right in.

































Day 5
This was taken at 8:00 p.m. on Friday. I like the angle of the shot. You can see the 1st mural (Arches) in the background.

No comments: