Tuesday, July 21, 2009

7-21-09

Tribute to WW2- A rendition of the monument in Washington D.C. of Iwa Jima. Today I worked on more shadowing and added a shaded flag. I used Pageant song to create a haze and plan to fade it more into the Renderious blue once the composition is lay ed out more .
WW1 tribute- A rendition of a Airplane. This time period is when the Air Force split from the Army Air Core. After much thought and consideration I purposed to Mayor Segraves to change this subject matter. I have done some additional research and feel a trench war scene will portray this War more appropriately. I plan to sketch a scene with soldiers in gas mask for the City Board to approve. I think the change is also more in line with the other tributes. They all will have soldiers portrayed. I might add a plane in the distance.
Civil War Tribute- A scene of Three soldiers loading a cannon. The shadowing and shading will be done with the same shades as Iwa Jima tribute. I enlarged the scene from the original sketch due to the large rose bushes. There is more to transferring points to get the proportion correct. When one area is altered , It is important to consider the whole composition. Enlarging the Civil War scene makes it necessary to enlarge the others to keep the whole scene balanced. I am also being careful to not crowd the scenes which would make the whole work confusing and loose the flow.


No comments: