Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12 Completion day

When the weather clears, I will be adding my signature and a couple of items.
I'm so pleased with the project. It is difficult to determine when to stop. I have figured 132 hours and my estimate was for 120. I hope everyone enjoys the mural as much as I have making it. I want to thank Mrs. Junkin and Mrs. Snow for making the project possible. I look forward to working with them both in the future. I also want to thank Norma, Pam, Terry, and of course Mayor Segraves for being so supportive and encouraging of my work. I can't go on with out mentioning how thank-full I am for my Husband Tommy and the many dinners he has fixed me, and my parents for their constant encouragement and sharing the blog with everyone in Anderson SC and beyond. My parents are true gifts and I can't wait for them to see this one in person.

In this shot you can see the sheen on the window. I added 2-3 coats of marine varnish. The windows are marine plywood and the satin finish just on the glass areas add dimension. The varnish used has UV protection and is non-yellowing. The sun-proof paint is compatible with the product.

I felt the addition on an old calender would be kinda neat. I placed it slightly under the drape. The year is not known...just that it was in the 1900's. I circled the 12 Th day being that this is the day the mural is complete as per the sketch. I want to add a few additional surprises when the weather clears.


The gentleman across from Bobby had his hand and paper added today, along with a book. Desk hardware was done with Golden glow and flint colors.


Today (Tuesday) The two lanterns where added to the sides of the front doors. Sharkskin was used for the shadowing. Black magic (color) and bewitched with garlic clove highlights where used on the fixture.






No comments: