Monday, August 17, 2009

8-17-2009

This morning I was able to get the Pearl harbor Tribute roughed in. This was inspired from a photo that was recovered from a Brownie camera after the attack. It was found in a foot locker. The shot depicts smoke and flames billowing from a refueling ship. I would like to add a battleship. I also plan to darken the water a bit. The brick below reads " December 7, 1941" May we never forget!
The flag was raised last week and color added. I'm very pleased with the change. The flag now is tucked and protected by the Eagles right wing.

Completed Vietnam Tribute- I struggled with the boots. I was unable to locate a photo for reference, so I found my self visualizing what a leather boot would look like. I pictured soldiers marching in mud and brush. I took in account how sweat would break and discolor the leather. How soldiers laced and pulled tight for support was also running Through my mind. And one more consideration on the boots was....keeping the details so that it is aesthetically pleasing from 10' away.
I really love this shot. The yellow flowers in the foreground are beautiful. God Bless our Troops!




No comments: